Welcome to the CBCA Victorian Branch website.
The Victorian Branch was established in 1954 and is an incorporated body. It is run by a voluntary committee who organise activities and events to support the CBCA objectives. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in bringing children and good books together. Regional sub branches operate in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Gippsland and Shepparton.
Your interest and participation are welcome in the following areas:
- Children’s Book Week activities, including the Children’s Book Week Festival.
- Access to the Dame Ada Norris Research Collection, housed at Deakin University (Burwood Campus).
- The Crichton Award, which is presented annually to encourage and recognise emerging illustrators in the field of Australian picture books.
- Promotional Events including the Clayton’s Night, seminars, etc.
- The Victorian CBCA Newsletter keeping all CBCA members informed of Victorian branch activities and other areas relating to books and children.
- The Leila St John Award for outstanding service to children’s literature in Victoria.
If you would like to become a CBCA Volunteer, please contact us.
To become a member of the CBCA Vic download and complete the CBCA Membership form.
For further information on events in your area, keep your eye on our News page.